Module 1. Taking Control of Your Career
When I created a long-range career plan, it turned out to be one of the single best things I ever did professionally. This module will give you a jump start on yours.
- Review my Career Development Plan, making note of the elements that you feel would benefit you if you defined them better for yourself. Note: there's no “right” structure for one’s career development plan, and you might find mine ridiculously overwhelming. That’s fine. This was actually years in the making; the first version was not nearly as thorough as this version. I have only provided it here as an example for you to reflect on.
- Create (or enhance) your own Career Development Plan. Just focus on the 1-2 sections you feel would benefit you most.
- Prepare 1-2 questions about career development that you’d love to know the answer to.
- Optional: if you would like more clarity and confidence about your unique purpose in life, review this page and the activities you'll find in the PDF.
- Review the discussion and Q&A (45 min) with others who completed this module.
- Comment below on what you liked most about this module or a question that wasn't covered in the video.
Select another module in the series: